September 25, 2013

WIP Wednesday

(a sidenote that the pictures look a little better enlarged, if you click on them it does so)

Hey everyone! I hope that you all have had a great week so far. I know that it's a little late to do a WIP Wednesday, as it's already almost Thursday, but I guess it's better late than not at all.

Since it's finally autumn and starting to grow chillier, I thought that I might start working on some cozy, warm stuff to wear :) At the beginning of this week, I started up a shawl/scarf using the pattern The Lace Mess Shawl by Sylvia Bo Bilvia. The pattern gives you the ability to almost design the shawl yourself; it's super versatile.



Instead of doing lace, I'm just doing a simple stockinette pattern with random ridges (as in, instead of purling on a WS row like you normally would, I'm knitting that row).

Instead of doing lace, I'm doing a stockinette pattern with garter ridges at random. I think that it gives the fabric more texture and just makes it more interesting. 


The pattern doesn't say what needle size to use, but I'm using 10.5mm, 16" circulars. I think that they're a pretty good size to get the fabric loose, but not so loose that there's gaps between the stitches.


The yarn I'm working with is Berroco's Vintage Chunky in plain white. I've had this yarn hanging around for two years now, so it feels nice to finally be putting it to use! I love working with it. 

Thanks for reading! I'll hopefully have another blog post near the end of this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...