April 23, 2012

3KCBWDAY1 - Color Lovers

Today kicks of the third annual Knitting and Crocheting Blog Week hosted over at Eskmimi Makes. Each day this week there will be a topic to blog about, and bloggers all around blog about it. At the end of the week there's prizes for lucky bloggers.

I think it sounds like fun, so here's today's post! Here's today's topic...

"Colour is one of out greatest expressions of ourselves when we choose to knit or crochet, so how do you choose what colours you buy and crochet and knit with. Have a look through your stash and see if there is a predominance of one colour. Do the same with your finished projects - do they match? Do you love a rainbow of bright hues, or more subdues tones. How much attention do you pay to the orginal colour that a garment is knit in when you see a pattern? Tell  your readers about your love or confusion over color."


When I walk into a yarn store, the bright or multi colored yarns always catch my eye. I love working with variegated yarns that make your project more interesting. I think when you knit or crochet your project it shouldn't be one that's hard to pick up and work on because of the boring color of it. I think in my stash I have 50/50 solid and variegated yarns.

If I do end up making a project with solid colors, I lean towards green, blue, or purple yarns-- more towards the end of the rainbow. I'm not a big fan of orange or yellow yarns. I guess just because they've just always been my least favorite colors.

So all in all, I love working with bright and variegated yarns that pop and are fun to knit with. The more interesting the better!

To see more blogger's posts click here. Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to agree with you here :) Although somehow, my stash is a colorful rainbow despite the fact that I use blue or purple 90% of the time..

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...